Workplace Aggression Programs
Series on Managing Unruly, Aggressive or Violent Behaviours
For situations involving: Customers, Public and External Stakeholders
These programs focus on a risk-based approach to managing difficult through to aggressive and violent customers / public behaviours, incorporating a range of core skill areas including:
- Situational Awareness
- De-escalation and Negotiation Skills
- Disengagement Techniques.
Programs within this series have been developed specifically for environments where employees face a range of verbal or behavioural challenges i.e., escalating incidents, unruly / aggressive or harassing type behaviours, including threats. In settings with physical exposure, this includes the risk of violence.
The learning has been designed to improve personal safety, and enable staff to manage their own and others behaviour in a highly effective, safe and outcome focused manner.
Specific program titles include:-
- Responding to Aggression and Violence – For higher risk roles, compliance, regulatory / enforcement.
- Managing Aggressive Behaviours – The CARM Approach – For difficult, challenging, unruly aggressive and violent customer behaviours.
- Assertiveness Skills – CARM Empathic Assertion® – For managing behaviours with assertiveness within a de-escalation process.
- Managing Telephone Aggression – For aggressive / threatening phone interactions.
- De-escalating Patient Aggression – For health care workers.
- De-escalating Aggressive Passengers – For bus & other transport workers.
What are the durations?
- 1 day or 2 day facilitated programs
- 1hr 15 minutes e/m learning programs
How is learning delivered?
- Facilitated In-House
- e/m learning
- blended learning approach
- Virtual classroom sessions using Microsoft Teams
Who are these programs for?
- Primarily frontline workers
- Operational compliance /regulatory staff
- Customer facing staff
Industry specific programs
- Government (local, state and federal)
- Programs can be contextualised to address specific organisational issues, risk and environmental contexts.
- Programs can be supported by detailed case studies developed and applied throughout the course.
- Contextualised support guides can be developed to demonstrate particular language and communication guides
- Scenario based videos can be produced to support organisational approaches and ongoing learning.
For more detailed course information, please click on the training brochures link or contact us directly on 1300 367 475 or firstname.lastname@example.org